Weekly Update! 6/9
THIS SUNDAY AT 10:15 AM – We invite you to join us as we begin our new series in God’s Word of the book of James. This letter was written by James, the brother of Jesus, to encourage and challenge the believer toward a transforming faith. This Sunday, we will be in James 1:1-18 as we explore “The Laboratory of Life”.
MISSION UPDATE: Eric Hedeen and his family are back stateside for a brief time this summer. There will be an opportunity to connect with them with during their time here next Sunday June 12th, from 9 AM-9:45 AM in the Community Center. Join Eric and Judith Hedeen along with their sons: Stephen, Daniel, and Timothy. They are one of our Missionary families and serve in Papua New Guinea with Ethnos 360, formally known as New Tribes. You are invited to come and receive a brief overview of the work God is doing through them overseas and ask questions. This will be a wonderful opportunity to connect with them so that we can better carry them in our thoughts and prayers. There will also be a graduation party for the Hedeen's eldest son, Stephen, in the Youth Building on Saturday, June 11th from 2-4PM. It will be an open house style gathering, so feel free to drop by anytime to say hello and celebrate him!
INVITATION TO PRAYER - The Elders would like to invite the saints at Faith to join us in a time of seeking the Lord through prayer. We will meet after the Worship Gathering this Sunday, June 12th, in the Community Center for a time of seeking the Lord. Everyone is welcome! We are not able to offer childcare, but this is a church FAMILY gathering and we cherish the littles as much as the big family members! We will be praying for three things;
- Wisdom and guidance for the rental and land properties.
- Wisdom and guidance on how to best maintain our large campus. In additon, asking the lord to call in advance the laborers that will be needed to complete the work at hand.
- Pray for Jennifer (the tenant of our rental property) and her children. We want to ask God to show us how we, as a church body, can be a blessing to her. We also boldly ask the Lord to bring forth a few godly women to invade Jennifer’s life with abounding gospel love!
LADIES' PAINT NIGHT - Join us for a ladies' paint night here at Faith Church on June 16th in the Community Center from 5:30-8:00PM! Follow along with the instructor as you paint a beautiful night sky with a tree silhouette. Food and drink provided! Bring your mom, sister, daughter, neighbor or friend and enjoy an evening of food and fun! Create, be encouraged, and be filled by the company of other amazing women. Let us know you're coming in the "Signups" tab of your Church Center app, by clicking THIS LINK, or by calling or emailing the church office by June 12th so we can prepare supplies and food for you!
SUMMER AT FAITH
- CORNHOLE & COOKOUT – Everyone mark your calendars for Saturday July 9th from 9:00am-3:00pm for our Summer at Faith Cornhole and Cookout event. We will be hosting our first annual cornhole tournament starting at 9:00am and a BBQ for the whole family at noon. Childcare is available, toddler-5th grade. Team registration and more details coming soon!
- PICNIC AND BAPTISM – SAVE THE DATE! Our annual picnic and baptism in the park is August 21st! If you would like to be baptized and feel the Spirit’s prompting, we would love to have a conversation with you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PASTOR DEREK IS ON SABBATICAL - In case you missed Derek's pre-sabbatical comments on Sunday, May 15th, check out this LINK to hear what he had to say.
GRADUATION GIFT BAGS – Thank you Faith Church family for helping with these magnificent gift bags for our graduating seniors! Thank you for your contributions, our church family has blessed our graduates greatly!
GIVING- You can give to Faith Church three different ways! Through our Church Center App, In person on Sunday mornings, or text any amount to 84321.
ELDER UPDATE -For those of you who were not able to attend our congregational meeting on May 29th, here is a brief summary:
Minutes from the previous congregational meeting were approved. You can contact the church office if you would like a copy.
By-law change. As we’ve discussed in the past, we know there are a number of things within our by-laws that need to be updated. However, the elders would like to start with a straight-forward change: adjusting when we hold our Annual Meeting. Currently our by-laws call for this to happen at the start of the year. However, we complete two important “church business” items (voting on budget and election of elders) at the end of the year. Therefore, we recommend that the time of the Annual Meeting be updated to reflect when we accomplish these tasks. We will bring to the congregation a draft of this proposed change soon.
Update on the rental. The elders communicated that from a financial standpoint, we believe we should sell the rental. However, after meeting with our tenant to communicate what we were considering, we began to see a potential ministry need and thought it would be wise to invite the congregation into this decision as we discern God’s will. There was discussion about whether or not to keep the rental, as well as how it could be used for ministry. Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, we want to consider how we can care for the family living there, and come alongside to meet needs. We ask for feedback by contacting the elders – you can do this by phone, or in person, or by sending an email to email@example.com (UPDATES: 1. As of yet, we have not heard from very many, so again we ask for your input, 2. The tenant recently communicated she has found another place and could move as early as next month).