Heart of Christ - Week #7 Resources
"The Heart of Christ" Teaching Series - Week #7 Resources
FREE BOOK! We are handing out free copies of Dane Ortlund's book, Gentle & Lowly. Pick one up at church on Sunday OR come to the church (any time) and grab a copy from the plastic bin outside the main doors (under the carport).
If you got a copy of the book, we encourage you to read chapters 15-16 this week. And in personal or individual study times, you can reflect on and/or discuss the questions below.
Resources for further encouragement and study:
- BIBLE READING PLAN: If you use the YouVersion Bible app by Life.Church, you might want to look for the "Gentle & Lowly" 14-day devotional.
- PODCAST: Search for "Gentle and Lowly" on your favorite podcast app.
Reflection / Discussion Questions (adapted from Gentle & Lowly study guide):
- What do you think when you hear the phrase "the glory of God"? Read Exodus 33:18-19, along with 34:6-7. How does God Himself aparrently define His glory? How does a text such as Psalm 138:5-6 clarify the point? (pp. 145-47)
- Have you considered before that God is said to be "provoked to anger" time after time throughout the Old Testament, but never "provoked to love" or "provoked to mercy"? What does this mean for you right now as you navigate life? (pp. 148-49)
- As you are reading this book, are you letting your own "natural assumption about who God is" melt away? If so, what is replacing it? (p. 151)
- How is Exodus 34:6-7 fulfilled in the New Testament? (pp 152-53)