Heart of Christ - Week #8 Resources
"The Heart of Christ" Teaching Series - Week #8 Resources
FREE BOOK! We are handing out free copies of Dane Ortlund's book, Gentle & Lowly. Pick one up at church on Sunday OR come to the church (any time) and grab a copy from the plastic bin outside the main doors (under the carport).
If you got a copy of the book, we encourage you to read chapters 17-18 this week. And in personal or individual study times, you can reflect on and/or discuss the questions below.
Resources for further encouragement and study:
- BIBLE READING PLAN: If you use the YouVersion Bible app by Life.Church, you might want to look for the "Gentle & Lowly" 14-day devotional.
- PODCAST: Search for "Gentle and Lowly" on your favorite podcast app.
Reflection / Discussion Questions (adapted from Gentle & Lowly study guide):
- Have you ever said to someone, in the wake of a mysterious providence in life, "God's ways are not our ways"? What did you mean by that?
- In light of Isaiah 55:6-9, what is the specific meaning of the Bible when it says that God's ways are not our ways? (pp. 155-157)
- "He isn't like you. Even the most intense of human love is but the faintest echol of heaven's cascading abundance." Do you believe this? How does this affect the way you live your Christian life today? (p. 160)